1. What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Website before or whether you are new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance, analytics, advertising and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by the Website to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- track traffic flows and patterns of travel in connection with the Website;
- understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of the Website and to improve it;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and enable Tembelia and third parties to advertise both on and off this Website.
3. What type of cookies do we use and what are they used for
The type of cookie used by us and our partners in connection with the Website can be classified into one of five categories, namely ‘essential Website cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, ‘analytics and performance cookies’, ‘advertising cookies’, and ‘social media cookies’. We’ve set out some further information about each category, and the purpose of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
4. How to control or delete cookies
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off. Please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies via the Website.
6. Need More Information?
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use of the Internet, you may find this link useful: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
7. Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email: email@example.com